Did they used to chase gas pipes into solid (party) walls in the '60s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly Vinn can give some good advice, but as I have found out, he can sometimes get out of his depth, and then start getting personal with anyone who dares disagree with his views. Bear in mind I work for a water company, and have worked on and around drains for the majority of my working life, (my 16th birthday I spent on work experience from school, standing in a field, in October, with a gale blowing across, doing an air test of a 525mm storm sewer, and it's all gone downhill from there...), and yet my advice on drainage issues previously has been called into question by the aforementioned contributor.

Any references to his location were met with further derision, (as I mentioned USA practices may well be different to UK practices, so why put USA if you're not in the USA? Edit, he now seems to have moved to Ireland....), and resorting to insults ultimately is a sign you're losing the argument and have no further valid points to make. Nige, you've always come across to me as being a knowledgeable chap, and indeed I think we both are reading from the same page with a lot of the advice we have given.

FWIW, the guy I was apprenticed to, was an apprentice himself in the 60's and spoke of screwed iron pipework and lead wastes. Copper was still very new and plastic, even for wastes, was yet to arrive.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You may have a point there. I had a run in with 'Ree' over methods of clearing a blocked drain, despite having used the same tried and tested, albeit sometimes messy, method of rods/jetting for all these years, suddenly apparently, it was wrong! Seemingly, most drain technicians in the UK by that standard were also wrong....

This thread could run and run - like a tap needing a new washer. There are some contributors that lie, like a badly fitted carpet.

Great, the sad DIY refugee's, all in one leaky lifeboat, desperately hugging each other - smug, sanctimonious & ignorant as they & their babble slowly sink.
Such bruised ego's, such frightened scampering about on google.
Not a pretty sight but remember, now that I'm always on your minds, that you all have my best sympathy.
Not a man(?) amongst you that can stand on his own two feet - I doubt that between you, that you had 5 days on a site before the foreman asked if he could have a word?
As for nigel or is it ? because the way you hurt and shriek it makes me wonder if I'm addressing you correctly? By the way, whats happened to the Thank You's - have you fallen out with me?
I think that you've always been damaged, so its not all my fault but ... such shrieking.

Anyway my DIY crew, its only pain and a bit of vinegar and brown paper will do wonders for your emotional turmoils. As for your technical knowledge - keep googling.

Please list your technical qualifications then to amaze the rest of us with your amazing knowledge.

Mine? City and Guilds 603 Plumbing Craft, pass with merit, and a number years on the job training with time served craftsmen. Valuable lessons that can never be taught in a classroom.

Keep googling - why not, while your at it, award yourself a VC and a PhD or even an Eleven Plus?

AAMOI: I dont mean to amaze but if that happens then why not bask in the moment, feel the benefits of my company (you do seem keen on keeping it) and glow with borrowed technical knowledge?

Actually, accuracy is my strong point I think you would all agree - yes.

Same old nonsense about hurt/shrieks etc. Can you ever think of an original insult ? .

Shreik. Wail .bruised ego's . :ROFLMAO: 680 views of this thread - I wonder what genuine DIY'ers who come here think ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back