Did you know..............i didn't

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering your PIN number in reverse. For example, if your pin number is 1234, then you would put in 4321. The ATM system recognizes that your PIN number has been entered backwards from the card you placed in the machine, the machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to the location.

All ATM's carry this emergency sequencer by law.

Sponsored Links
Alarm systems used to use this feature, its called a "duress" code.
It has been stopped unless in exceptional circumstances as dictated by ACPO.

Cash machines.....................lol..........................Urban Myth

Sponsored Links
not only is it probably bullshit but try remembering your pin code backwards with a knife in your back. :LOL:

Reason ACPO withdrew the facility, or rather the responce to it was end users coming home drunk and putting the code in backwards also another way was reversing the first two didgits. same result, false alarms.

I wonder how many people change their pin to 1234...!

Be suprised...................

Common codes are 1234, 4321. 1066, 1945, 1966, 2000.
Dates of birth and last 4 digits of phone number.

What if you were born 20 Feb your pin would be 2002 which backwards would be er, 2002.

7337 4884 would not work either. :LOL:

ATM`s in the UK are NOT fitted with any `alert system` other than intruder.

having previously worked for a company that supplies and fits ATM`s and the alarms that go on them, i know what i am talking about.

the US of A well thats a different story!

Oasis

ATM`s in the UK are NOT fitted with any `alert system` other than intruder.

having previously worked for a company that supplies and fits ATM`s and the alarms that go on them, i know what i am talking about.

the US of A well thats a different story!

Oasis

If you have worked in the industry, then you would know that statement is not quite true, but entering a pin backwards is pure BS.

I'll give you a clue...Cencon? You also mention ATM's in the UK are NOT fitted with any alert system, what's a slamlock then? Why have a vibration sensor? Can you say why you miss the digital cam capture on Lloyds ATM's? You state you know what you are talking about, but clearly miss various points. Can you answer without Googling the answers?

NWB / RBOS have an interesting feature..if you simply press enter on the keypad, without inserting your card, it asks you how much you want to withdraw, then asks for a 6 digit code...true. I presume if you are lost, had your bank cards stolen, then ringing the bank up, an emergency withdrawal feature?

Err he says "Intruder" thats what a vibration "Siesmic" detector is.
A slamlock is just that, no key needed to lock.
The camera is not an alert system, it is a recorder.

Perhaps you need to google.

What if you were born 20 Feb your pin would be 2002 which backwards would be er, 2002.

And that alone should be ample evidence to doubters that this ATM story is completely untrue. It's quite possible to have an ATM PIN which is palindromic.

Err he says "Intruder" thats what a vibration "Siesmic" detector is.
A slamlock is just that, no key needed to lock.
The camera is not an alert system, it is a recorder.

Perhaps you need to google.

I never saw a slamlock without a siesmic detector...

A camera that turns on, when it detects activity, is an alert system, then it becomes a recorder.

Perhaps you need to lie down, and think about what you post, when you post about things you know little about.

Sponsored Links
Back