difference between manhole, inspection chamber, sewer class

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have an inspection chamber in my patio and for the time being bC told me i have to move it outside. confusing as some people told me you can keep it but not a manhole. also you caanot build over sewers, but whats inside an inspection chamber? sewer i believe.
I someone could explain this to me.

Sponsored Links
There are two basic categories of sewer - public and private. There's no reason not to build over a sewer. But if it's public you need permission from the sewer owner - i.e. the local sewer authority. My advice is contact your sewer authority. Tell them what you propose to do and ask them if there are any public sewers in the area. If there are, ask them to send you a plan. Then you'll know what you are dealing with. All other drains (that are not public) are private and you can do what you like with them. As long as what you do complies with building regulations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back