Difficult to access monobloc nut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is there an easier way to remove the nut. monobloc spanners don't work because there is not enough room for the spanner to be pushed fully up to meet the nut. the problem is the protruding gargantuan plastic fittings.... :evil:
Any solution would be great.

Sponsored Links
What usually works for me is a normal socket set but with a deep socket attached. These are usually slim enough to do the job.

Andy.

Cheers Andy, I did think about the deep socket set but I think I may have the same problem. There are 2 copper tails from the tap to the plastic joints so there doesn't appear to be much give at all to slip the socket spanner or monobloc spanner up to meet the nut. Tried all sorts spanners, pliers etc. Any other solution?

The copper tails should be able to be manipulated slightly out to give you room.

Sponsored Links
I did try and manipulate them slightly, probably not enough to slip it up. Anyway, thanks, I will try next weekend. Run out of time tonight. Cheers.

the monobloc spanners we use come with two seperate pipes for the different sizes which will fit inside one another to create a long enough spanner to fit. depends what spanners u are using.

The 2 set monobloc spanners you are talking about I am using. The lenght is not the problem; it's pushing the spanner right up to meet the nut. It does reach, it's just I can only push it up so far due to the plastic joints. In other words, I need to straighten the spanner up by pushing aside - slightly - the copper tails. There doesn't appear to be much give. How much pressure can I apply when pushing the copper tails aside a bit. Hang on can't I just unscrew the copper tails; obviously take them from the plastic fittings then unscrew the tails I can then access the monobloc nut?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back