Digital Meters

there is not much point complaining about the amount of the direct debit.

to have a sensible discussion you need to know the meter readings for the last 12 months (actual, not estimated), and the twelve months before that, and work out the cost inclusive of VAT and any price banding, then allow for year-start credit or debit balances.

energy prices have been a lot higher in the last twelve months so even with identical usage you have to expect your payments to increase substantially.

Sponsored Links
Direct Debit is a no no for me when it comes to the gas or electric.Had the same problem with british gas some years ago,they just helped themselves to whatever price they came up with.When I stopped the direct debits with them,they had that much money of mine,that I didn't have to pay a bill for over 12 months!.
Now all I do is pay an amount which I THINK I should be paying each month,based on previous bills.And transfer that into their accounts each month.If there is a shortfall when the bills come in, I pay it.Any money over.I just deduct from future payments.
Imagine how much money they make by overcharging customers via direct debit,no wonder they love it.

It's great when a large customer can turn the tables though. A company I once looked after in my job was a UK-wide concern with hundreds of branches, and each one was billed by BT individually. They ran a tight ship and had an automated system for tracking phone use and would check BT's bills against their records - there was nearly always a discrepancy somewhere.

BT wanted to put them onto a single consolidated bill, for obvious reasons. They agreed as long as BT were happy for them not to pay any of the bill if even one branch was wrong.

BT agreed.

Their record when I knew them was a year without paying....

Sponsored Links
I will dig the info out and post later on how you can carry out a meter accuracy test your self.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back