Scottish Power - fixated with meter chaning?

Sponsored Links
Maybe the new meter will be remote readable and thus avoid the need to use estimated readings. That could work in the favour of the consumer and prevent under estimated readings resulting in a sudden large bill.

someone mentioned I was a bit paranoid.... Yes maybe but the way the world is going :(

It's got nothing to do with the meter. Big Brother needs an excuse to access your house in order to fit a surveillance device.

I think that's it. The new meters also contain a remote brain-pattern reader that sends your thoughts back to the big smoking volcano.

Sponsored Links
Maybe the new meter will be remote readable and thus avoid the need to use estimated readings. That could work in the favour of the consumer and prevent under estimated readings resulting in a sudden large bill.
hasn't there Ben recent legislation that all meters must smart by a certain date that I can't remember a this moment in time.

It has been delayed.

It's going to cost US eleven billion pounds.

They say there are thirty million households.

11,000,000,000 / 30,000,000 = £366.67 each.

Just "cooking" the popcorn guys

Still no real input.........

............only Scottish power feel the need to change meters and no one here smells a rat??????????

If, as you suspect, SSE has a hidden agenda, how would we know?

Anyone here who may have introduced the policy for SSE would presumably not tell you.

If your Mother's bills have increased since the replacement then perhaps the old one was faulty and under-recording.
I think SSE would then be quite keen to replace it.

I don't know.

It has been delayed

AGAIN

I think this is the 3rd delay now but when you consider that we are 3 years behind on commercial meters, it is not suprising.

The main delay is that no one will put there neck on the block and say "This is what we want a Smart Meter to do" and until then, no manufactures will spend a fortune on R&D.

I visit a few domestic propertys where the customer is working from home and are on a commercial contract and there just is not enougth room to get the current design of meters in and when you consider that certain suppliers what "Remote Disconnect" which are even bigger, you are fighting a losing battle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back