Digital Thermometer to assist in balancing radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would something like this suffice? Or do you have any other recommendations?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Use your hands...they're perfectly good enough for balancing..trust me.

Use your hands...they're perfectly good enough for balancing..trust me.

I agree with Gasguru.

You really only have to put you hand on the rads, in particular where the flow and return connections are. If you find the return is too cool you know it is not getting quite enough flow through the rad and visa versa. It does not mean you have to tweak the valves on that particular rad but gives you feedback on what needs balancing.

Those twin thermocouple devices can do the same thing as long as the probes are properly attached. There are versions with pipe clamps to secure the probes correctly. If the probes are not connected correctly it will be more nuisance than help because they will not be reading properly.

A wire ended thermocouple can easily be attached with a soft pad of thick cloth or felt etc. and a clothes peg!

Tony

Sponsored Links
A wire ended thermocouple can easily be attached with a soft pad of thick cloth or felt etc. and a clothes peg!

Are you sure Tony. Will the peg fit around 15mm pipe? Try it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back