Dimable GU10 led recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OOOOOPPPPSSSSSS... Posted this earlier with GS10 instead of GU10!!!!

Hi, we have a dining room kitchen area and have just installed 4 mains downlights in the dining room and 4 in the kitchen run by individual switches on a cheap plastic white double switch. Now we are coming to the end of the decorating, we are looking to change the spots to LEDs and obviously change the switch so it is diamble.

Has anyone got any recommendations as to good quality, reasonably priced gu10 LEDs. As I say, there will be only 4 on each switch but I will of course need to purchase a suitable double dimmer. The housings are standard Robus-Adjustable-Voltage-Downlight-Brushed.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

Chris

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/d...endations-mains-voltage.439132/#ixzz3h7COugvy

Sponsored Links
By the way, in the previous thread someone said about not having dimming lights in the kitchen for fear of cutting yourself. Greatest respect, but I'm quite sure I'll be ok and will turn the lights up when needed. As I said, it is a kitchen dinning room flowing into one and so I may want the kitchen area dimly lit when we eat. I think that idea is totally acceptable.

Sponsored Links
Thank you. With regards to colour and wattage have you any opinion or guides. As I say, it is a long but narrow dining kitchen area with 4 lights over each.

Well, assuming you are going to continue with the dimmer plan (I share your opinion on this) then just go for the brightest lamp you can bring yourself to pay for! The ones I've been fitting have been 6W warm white and I think they're plenty bright enough (fairly high ceilings where they'e been going)

As for colour temperature, normally I would say cool white for a kitchen, and warm white for living areas, but seeing as the area is combined, I'd go for warm white - but it's personal preference.

If you don't know the difference, warm white looks very similar in colour to a normal halogen bulb, and cool white is more white than orange

led-color-temperature.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back