Dimmable LED GU10 Downlights?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was thinking about fitting some downlights in my room as I currently only have one standard bulb

Recently we changed the kitchen ones to LED GU10s from halogen ones and they are equally as bright so I thought I would fit them in my room too

I was wondering though, would anyone be able to recommend any specific units ,,, I will probably need 9 in total and would preferably be able to dim the lights (providing it isn't very expensive to get ones you can dim)

Hope you can help,
Azibux1

Sponsored Links
I've been rather apprehensive about LED lamps as I've never liked them, however in the gentlemans room in my lodge, they have warm white led lamps in the cubicles which are actually rather good. I don't know which they are, though.

I've been rather apprehensive about LED lamps as I've never liked them, however in the gentlemans room in my lodge, they have warm white led lamps in the cubicles which are actually rather good. I don't know which they are, though.

I wasn't sure how good they would be either but we replaced the kitchen ones and like I said the light output is the same if not slightly better and they give out a nice whiter light too ... And the energy savings so it made sense to get them

I wasn't sure how good they would be either but we replaced the kitchen ones and like I said the light output is the same if not slightly better and they give out a nice whiter light too ... And the energy savings so it made sense to get them

It's the cool white ones I'm not keen on, but these ones are warm, so keep a nice ambient sense to the environment.

For what it's worth, they looked like the Sylvania ones, but I can't be sure.

Sponsored Links
Halers are good. KSR are good (5 year warranty).
Or if you want to fit standard downlights and swap the lamps fitted some GEC ones from newy & eyre the claim to be brighter than 50w halogen. and (without measuring the candelas) i would say they are right.

I would however wait until you hear from B.A.S. as he will put you right about any down lighting questions you may have.

I would however wait until you hear from B.A.S. as he will put you right about any down lighting questions you may have.

He'll put anyone down er I mean right about anything, war and peace.

Thanks for all the replies and the couple of recommendations

I am not 100% sure if this is what I want at the moment so I will post back here once I've decided if I want downlights or a standard light then come for more advice.. Just thinking it is going to be a lot of work removing all the insulation etc

Is BAS's reply better, or worse than giving a reply that gives absolutely no information though?
Consider your non-informative utterances

however in the gentlemans room in my lodge, they have warm white led lamps in the cubicles which are actually rather good. I don't know which they are, though.

and

they looked like the Sylvania ones, but I can't be sure.

How helpful, not.

Is BAS's reply better, or worse than giving a reply that gives absolutely no information though?
Consider your non-informative utterances

however in the gentlemans room in my lodge, they have warm white led lamps in the cubicles which are actually rather good. I don't know which they are, though.

and

they looked like the Sylvania ones, but I can't be sure.

How helpful, not.

Yeah? And? So? Isn't this an open forum?

What's your point? Just come to have a dig? Come for a reaction? Bored?

And for what it's worth, your post was just as uninformative and unhelpful.

And for what it's worth, your post was just as uninformative and unhelpful.

I had nothing to contribute to the thread, so I did not contribute anything.

Until you added a post with nothing in it. At that point I had something to say.
And yes, I was having a dig.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back