Dimmer converted to push-button switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if these can be used in any standard dimmer or just the generic white ones in the TLC catalogue?

I want to convert a 2g 2-way dimmer switch so one of the gangs is switch only. I was hoping to fit the above to one of these. Anyone know if the two are compatible? :confused:

Obviously I will be e-mailing TLC to confirm, but I was wondering if anyone else has tried one of these pushbutton conversion switches?

Sponsored Links
my guess is that it is only designed to work with that one range but that does not nessacerally mean it will be impossible to fit it to other dimmer plates

Wow, someone else who doesn't get to bed on time!

I suspect you are right though.

Perhaps I should just buy it and if all else fails I'll break out the Dremel and the epoxy :LOL:

Sponsored Links
it actualy says on the tlc website "only for the VL range" so since the dimmer you point to is not from the vl range the answer is no

breezer said:
it actualy says on the tlc website "only for the VL range" so since the dimmer you point to is not from the vl range the answer is no

Breezer, you beaut (hey it's barby season, we can talk aussy can't we?)

I hadn't noticed that, but the dimmer I am looking at IS a VL one. Most of the other dimmers AREN'T VL, so I SHOULD be OK.

Well, still need confirmation from TLC, but it does sound like the sheila is a goer, sport.

pointless asking then, if the dimmer you want is NOT the dimmer you linked to but one from the vl range then yes the on off switch will fit.

Bit like ringing kwik fit and asking do they fit tyres

or in australian, yes bruce

breezer said:
pointless asking then, if the dimmer you want is NOT the dimmer you linked to but one from the vl range then yes the on off switch will fit.

:p

VLdimmer.JPG

But I'm intrigued about this new business venture of Kwik Fit: tyres you say? ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back