Dimmer overloaded - any suggestions?

Thanks for your help all

Davelx - I am actually using safari on an apple mac so that may be the problem.

Thanks very much for the scans Nozspark - afraid I am a bit out of my depth here, could you explain what I am looking at and what I need, how does a grid work? I assume I need a remote as mentioned earlier, as that is the only one that seems to have a load high enough on one dimmer.

Sorry for all the questions, but if you could point me in the right direction, or would I be better ringing one of the shops?

Cheers
Duff

Sponsored Links
A grid switch is essentially a multiple switch which you can configure yourself. You could make a 4 gang switch plate have a fuse holder, dimmer, 2 way switch and an intermediate switch if you like - there are loads of switch types, BT modules, RJ45 modules etc available.

You would never be able to buy a switch like that off the shelf, so you buy it in it's component parts - usually a backbox, grid frame, switches as required and a cover plate (fascia).

WRT these dimmer switches, I have never used this particular type but I would assume that the dimmer control module is very low power (signal) and that all the dimming is done by the remote dimming pack which you would fit in a convenient location (prob in ceiling near where the light is).

Hope this helps.. Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back