Dimmer switch - 2 gang 1 way or 2 gang 2 way?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Can anyone help me. I am replacing my current light swith with a double dimmer switch. One switch to operate the light and the other switch to operate some new down spotlights. Do I need a 2 gang 1 way switch or 2 gang 2 way switch

Any help is appreciated

Dave

Sponsored Links
davgin said:
Hello

Can anyone help me. I am replacing my current light swith with a double dimmer switch. One switch to operate the light and the other switch to operate some new down spotlights. Do I need a 2 gang 1 way switch or 2 gang 2 way switch

Any help is appreciated

Dave

2 gang, 1 way

Hi

Thank you for the information. Can you explain the difference between 1 way and 2 way for future reference

Dave

davgin said:
Hi

Thank you for the information. Can you explain the difference between 1 way and 2 way for future reference

Dave

1 way is for 1 way switching. it switches form the common to L1 and thats it. 2 way switches between common and L1 to common and L2

Sponsored Links
but most 2 gang dimmers are 2 way, so get a 2 gang 2 way, but use it as one way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back