Dimplex fire not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have an optimist dimplex fire, all of a sudden it doesn’t turn on. I don’t use the optimist function, so it’s not that! Changed the fuse, nothing. I don’t want to scrap it.... or is it doomed! Thank you

Sponsored Links
Is it on it’s own circuit? Have you checked your consumer unit for an mcb/rcd in a downward position?

Check the connections in the plug, and at the other end. Is it under warranty?

Sponsored Links
No, it’s really old. We only use it for a few weeks at Xmas in the evening. Connections in plug look normal. Thanks for your reply

It may need a new part then (if replaceable). If you have access to a multimeter you could check for resistance at the plug.

Hi Katie - did you solve your problem with the fire? I have a similar issue in that the fire appears 'dead', but on checking power there is still power going in, and the unit 'beeps', but in all other respects is lifeless. Thanks.

We have a Dimplex Burnham opti mist. We have installed it in to an existing sealed fire place, the functions work but the mist won’t rise. It was fine when we tested it outside of the fire surround. It’s not in its original surround that it came with

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back