Dimplex Towel Rail not working

Hi, yes your Dimmer switch is faulty ! You could buy a replacement module online.

Regards,

DS

Sponsored Links
Great news it is heating up so just need a new regulator switch

Thanks for the help guys :)

Sponsored Links
I had a look for a new dimmer, dimplex ones is about £30-35, can I fit a cheaper branded dimmer for this, do I really need a dimmer, as during the months I use this I would prob have it set to full anyway as the heat it produces prob isnt great. Its only for a downstairs toilet room, no bath or shower.

I had a look for a new dimmer, dimplex ones is about £30-35, can I fit a cheaper branded dimmer for this, do I really need a dimmer, as during the months I use this I would prob have it set to full anyway as the heat it produces prob isnt great. Its only for a downstairs toilet room, no bath or shower.
As far as I can tell from the instructions you do not need the temperature controller (TC) (dimmer). For simplicity (and safety) use a terminal strip to replace the TC and cover with a blanking plate. Then use your Switched FCU to control the on/off.

Hi

Yeah this is what I have done, and using the FCU for off/on. Cant justify £35 for a TC

you can see the photo better in my post on page 1

Attachments

• 81198-6df188f8d742766a7379550b837ac43d.jpg
    81198-6df188f8d742766a7379550b837ac43d.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 119

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back