Dimplex Storage Heater Cut Out Reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Dimplex XLS24N Storage heater and it has stopped working.
The other storage heater in the flat is working fine.

Could it be the Thermal Cut Out as my tenant did have a sofa up against it?

If so how is it reset and what am I looking for once I have removed the front cover?

Is the photo the Thermal Cut out or is it under the input knob?
I have pushed down the tag that is sticking up but that does not make a click and just springs back up!

Thanks
Woody

Sponsored Links
The Dimplex XLS24N will have a thermal cut-out on the top right hand side. Could be either a white or a brown plastic button that you press to reset it. When pressed you should feel it click.

The Dimplex XLS24N will have a thermal cut-out on the top right hand side. Could be either a white or a brown plastic button that you press to reset it. When pressed you should feel it click.

Thanks
So its nothing to do with the photo?

Looks like the thermostat to me and the contact looks closed.
Have you tested for power around the circuit?
It is not unheard of for the DP isolation switch to jam.

Sponsored Links

Just checked again and there is NO button to press in anywhere.
Here is a photo of what is there...

The thermal trip is in the picture. It is the right hand part of the item, a sprig of metal pointing up. Press gently but firmly. Ideally test continuity to see if it has open circuited.

The type of oveheat shown here superseded the button type, and is what is fitted as a replacement these as a "field repair kit", as the button type are known to overheat and burn out.

1391541201.jpg

The thermal trip is in the picture. It is the right hand part of the item, a sprig of metal pointing up. Press gently but firmly. Ideally test continuity to see if it has open circuited.

The type of oveheat shown here superseded the button type, and is what is fitted as a replacement these as a "field repair kit", as the button type are known to overheat and burn out.

Thanks
So is this the latest part?

I have pushed it down but it just pops up again.
I tested the continuity which I had with the DP switch switched on but no continuity when it was switched off.

Test continuity across that cutout, and across the thermostat behind it.

Test continuity across that cutout, and across the thermostat behind it.

Continuity Test Results:-

Between 1 & 2 No Continuity with DP switch off but had continuity when switched On.
Had continuity if I pushed down tha Tag with DP switch off, but Tag will not stay down it just springs up again!

Between 2 & 3 Continuity good.

Update

The Thermal cut out in above photos was faulty and would not reset so replaced it for £30 and now all working fine.

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back