Dimplex wall heater not working

Reaction score
Country
Angola
Hello everyone,

I just moved to property and found not working Dimplex wall heater. Owner said it just stopped working one day, and he has no idea what kind of issue it may be. Everything I know about it is the make - Dimplex, no code, nothing. Does anyone has idea how to fix it or where to look for a problem? Maybe there is reset which could help?

Thank you,
Navus

Sponsored Links
Firstly check the fuse in the plug/fused connection unit has not broken.
You can then check power to the unit, using a two pole voltage tester, this will require taking the casing off to uncover the the supply terminals.
If 230V-250V is present at supply, then we are looking at something inside the unit.

There a number of things/components that can go faulty. Dimplex spares are generally not cheap, so if it is an internal component, I would recommend binning it and buying new, as it is normally the cheaper option. Plus you will get a 2 year warranty with new appliance.

I think they usually have a resettable or replaceable overheat stat in the top of them, that trips because people try to dry clothes/towels on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back