Din Rail Mountable Relay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to find a Din Mountable relay, 12coil with Double pole 230V contacts out. I don't want a contractor as such as the thing that's doing the switching is an IP controlled thermostat supplied by these people http://www.controlbyweb.com/[url] and is not mains voltage.

The problem with the X-300 is that the relay outputs are not capable of handling mains voltage hence I need to switch through another relay to operate a central heating system remotely from my phone or laptop

Anyhow I'm waffling..... Din Mountable Relay anyone??

Ta [/url]

Sponsored Links
Just google "din rail octal relay base"
and take your pick

Cheers mike, got some from TLC

London: I'm not talking Ingress Protection I'm talking Internet Protocol, The X300 is basically a switching device that can be controlled via the internet. Its got a snazzy interface and add ons (like a plug on thermostat) im using it to turn my heating on and off and some lights on and off from my mobile when I'm away from home, The prototype I have build work fine and has done for 3 months. I'm just tidying it up now and sticking everything in a din mounted enclosure.

Sponsored Links
[/quote]Although I get mighty p****d off when I hear heating and aircon types talking about High Voltage Alternating Current! [/quote]

High voltage AC is considered as over 1000V AC this is only 230V AC :rolleyes:

P.S I have a HND in Electrical engineering, 2391, and 17th edition, is that enough for you?

I don't think the lover aimed that at you!

To be fair you did (correctly) say IP controlled as opposed to IP rated.

How did you find the HNC? I'm in two minds about enrolling.

My apologies to the lover I must learn to relax. I did the HND at day release and night school, it took ages, I did ONC, OND HNC Then HND, 5 years in total. Its all theory and maths... loads of maths, no hands on at all, Constantly working out every single part of all manor of circuits with voltage drops from Lands End to John o Groats. We even did 4 months in maths on a subject called "imaginary numbers". Its hard work and to be honest mostly quite boring as its all classroom based. I preferred the 2391 to be honest and that was a bastard. :eek:

The HNC isn't too bad as long as you are keen and willing to put the hours in. There is a lot of fairly complicated maths involved and I think it depends on which college you go to depends on which other units are included. The one I did for the first year included science (mech and elec), design, electronics and business management. In the 2nd year is control systems (maths), PLCs, electrical and electronic theory (more maths including complex numbers), utilitation (a bit of maths) and project.

Yeh is definately tempting, although at the moment (21yrs) I don't really think it would be necessary for me.

Although on the other hand I've still got most of the maths fairly fresh in my mind.

I liked the 2391 too, I recommend it to everyone. Its all good information your learning, that you will use very often.

After not being in education for 10+ years I found getting back into the frame of mind of education harder than the actual course. Only a few months to go now in my 2nd year!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back