Dining room paint help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our dining room is being renovated right now, and it will be a farmhouse industrial look with whitewashed white original hardwood floors, white built in cabinets and wainscotting up to about 1 foot down from the ceiling. It will have a butcher block wood and concrete farmhouse table. There will be old style bricks as a backsplash wall for the cabinet. I like light and airy natural rooms, but seems like most people recommend online to paint the ceiling and top bit of the wall past the wainscotting a colour so it's not a white box. Any thoughts on ceiling colours for this type of room? It's a 100 year old house! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Any pictures? Is the ceiling plastered? I guess it must be if you're talking about emulsion? Perhaps an electric blue that could look like a summer sky? :D

But if it's a wooden ceiling, consider woodstain?

Perhaps it is both? White on the plaster and dark wood stain on any wooden beams? Plenty of ideas!!! If it's a very large space, and has very high ceilings, don't be afraid to be adventurous!!! :)

It's just a regular ceiling, 9 feet. I'm considering a dark navy blue, or charcoal. There will be three steel farmhouse industrial pendant lights hanging from it, and a wood and concrete table underneath. Not a large room, but everything else is white or wood. Thanks!

Dining room wall should be colored by keeping dining table and cabinets color in mind. Try out light turquoise color to get fresh and natural feel.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back