Dip in Block paved drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

How would I go about bringing this dip in my driveway (which occurred a couple of winters ago) back to a somewhat level surface without lifting the whole drive and relaying??

I am suspecting that this may not be possible. The area shown is a radius of around a metre, maybe a bit less and it is getting worse each year.

thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid the drive will have to come up in the vicinity of the dip......either the hardcore wasn't deep and consolidated enough or it has become a heavy traffic area. Shame!
John :)

if the rest of the drive is pretty flat looking then a broken drain pipe or leak of some sort is definately possible.

It will not take long to lift but you'll have to dig some out and see whats going on. Putting a herringbone pattern back is difficult so clean the blocks thouroughly to remove sand from the sides.

Sponsored Links
The drive has been down around 20yrs with no issue whatsoever but that really bad winter we had about 2/3 yrs ago (well it was v bad up here in the N.E) and we had compacted ice and snow on the drive for about 3 weeks, it happened after that, during the thaw.

My neighbour has a similar dip too from the same period, further up the same stretch of block driveway.

it could be frost heave of some sort?? what is the underlying soil type? clay? chalk?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back