Diplomat ADP 3611 Door Hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have seen quite a few posts on the door hinges for these ovens and I think I have found a solution to my problem, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any idea's as my DIY know how is very limited.

It seems that the door hinges on my oven are completely worn out, as the door opens beyond the 90* is used to and now rests with the handle on the floor. The door also can not be closed without the aid of a primitive tie back. (IE: the door simply falls to the floor if left to is own devices). After reading many posts about this, I was able to remove the door and the hinges without a problem and getting them back is not an issue either. However when the hinges are removed from the door, I am able to lock them in the closed position, which is not possible when fitted to the door. So my question is this. If they are fitted correctly to the door and they are still not working as intended, should I simply replace the hinges or am I missing something.

I can see a pin in the Hinges which can slide horizontally and seems to act as a stopper for the door. I managed to "jam" it in place (to avoid it shifting when the door is opened) and this seemed to solve all the problems for about 20seconds. The pin has got some definite wear and tear on it and this is what convinced me to replace the hinges completely. (I can try to supply photos of this if required)

Any advice or suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the springs have failed or the pins are worn on the hinges. They may stay locked in the 'shut' position when off the door but they are not carrying the weight of the door and the leverage it provides.

Depends on type of hinge but I often end up replacing the door brackets/rollers in the chassis if the hinges have failed 'Rarely the other way round though'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back