Diplomat dishwasher, all lights on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The latch on the door was down and not engaing with the machine, I took the front section of and eventually relocated the latch and got it all working again.
however, now all the 3 lights on the front panel are permanently on and the machine will not work.
Is this terminal?
Advice would be greatly appreciated
The machine has salt and rinse aid, as these are the lights that are
on I made sure they were done first.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your quick response.
the machine is in a tenanted property, the tenant has looked and cannot find any numbers, only a plate that has been worn with details that have been worn away on the inside.

The right of centre on the front panel ( semi- integrated ) there are 3 lights, IN PROGRESS - RINSEAID- SALT

She tells me now that the salt and rinse lights are off.
The IN PROGRESS light is still on and the machine is still not working.
I know its not a lot to go on.
Thanks

Not sure but if it's an older model, AHY series, then there's a mechanical timer in the base of the machine. Power off, under the door, behind the plinth you'll find an inspection panel, take it off and the timer is there. rotate it manually, put power back on and see if it's working.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that .
I have returned and foiund the dial bottom LH side. I turned it clockwise and it started a rinse I think . then after a short while it stopped.

Itcould not get it to do anything else , so I turned it again .
It went through another small cycle and stopped .

The dial reads stop at the 12:00 position with the number 1 underneath. The numbers on the diagram are printed and run in odd numbers from 1-59.
1= stop 3 = WV1 7=WV1 8 = CYCL 10= WV1 11= CY/V1 and so on .
Can you please tell me where to set the dial and then what programme to run it on , or what sequence this shpould be carried out in.

The machine clearly works still.

On the top RH side of the front of the machine the programme dial starts at the 11:00 position with 1 cold rinse 0 at the 12:00 position and 2 wash at the 1:00 position.

Thank you for your help to date.

Regards,

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back