Diplomatic Washing machine wont fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any one got any idea why my diplomatic washer wont fill or spin, i have tested the valves and they are both fine would seem unlikely they would both go together anyway, i think the PCB is at fault but it is not burnt out or anything, i am wondering if i should replace it they only cost £30.00 or so, but just thought i would try my look and see if any one has any other thoughts.

Any help would be greatly appretaited dont really want to buy a new machine, funds low after xmas

thanx in advance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
pump does run, but no water in it to pump! it just sems to not tell it to start filling hot or cold.

The model number is 8512, and it is a fully itergrated machine,

yes the drum turns, but no spin, i am thinking PCB but i am not that clued up on appliances i am an electrician.

Thanks for taking your time to help me.

Locate the pressure switch and disconnect the hose from it. If you hear a click as you disconnect then there's a blockage in the pressure hose/chamber.
I'll look up your model when I'm in the office tomorrow.

thanks sleepy head,

yes looked at the pressure switch and did disconnect the hose no click, but it does click if i squeeze the pipes, thus i pressume this is operating as it should,

not sure what else it could be i have (i think) checked everything

I'm assuming the basics have been checked. There is a supply of water? not been accidentally turned off?

NO? OK. Meter out time.
Disconnect the wires from the heater and check to see if it's open circuit.

ok will check heater in the morning i expect i should have a closed circuit and an open one if faulty??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back