Diplomatic Washing machine wont fill

have looked at the circuit board and done a few checks with a meter, and all looks in order, i am now wondering if the programmer is at fault.

I wonder why it switches live, are there any electro magnetic switches in a programmer, it might be time for me to call in a proffesional, although being a spark that makes me unhappy LOL !!!!!

Sponsored Links
one last question sleepyhead, i get the felling that this switch should switch neutral and not live, because the wire that it is switching live is connected to the neutral of the valves, have you any thoughts on this.

Neutral for the valves comes from the programmer according to the wiring diagrams I've got.
Live goes to the door switch and then across to the valves.
Your door switch is working. Live across the door switch and neutral through the pressure switch (low side) power the drain pump. If the switch didn't work the pump wouldn't (shouldn't) run.
The horrible pcb can cause all sorts of problems.
Programmer is basically sprung copper strips worked by a cam.

i have checked the pcb and cannot see any obvious reason for it to be a t fault i am just wondering if i should buy one and give it a go.

Sponsored Links
Pretty hard to say really. The basics all seem to check out fine.
Have a good look at the motor plug and check for broken wires. May look ok but could be broken inside insulation.

the really weird thing is i am getting 2 lives at the valves when the door is shut, so something is definately wrong

get live from PCB, and live coming from programmer one of them must be wrong?

does anyone know a good egineer in blackpool.

Please could someone have a quick look over this post, as i cant get an engineer to it as they all tell me they wont touch Hygena machines as the parts are to expensive and difficult to get hold of, i find the opposite to this tho,

but everyone seems to be pointing to the programmer as this is where the fill valve gets its neutral from, could anyone confirm this, the new programmer is only 50.00 GBP so i suppose even if this is not at fault that is not a lot to loose, but i am am electrician and not very familiar with appliances and the programmer looks quite a difficult part to replace, and would not know where to start.

Any more advice would be appretiated. Thanx in advance to all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back