direct cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone
next week i have to drain a direct cylinder on a back boiler system
to repair some lead pipe work,the return flow pipe
heres my dillema,i cant find a drain cock/point anywhere
so im thinking if i isolate the cwst,open the hot taps use the head of water to drain the hot water i would still be left with a large volume of water in the cylinder once the cwst as drained,so i cant carry out the repair.
the cylinder is still required because the client is ok with using the immersion element for the hot water,if its none repairable i can disconnect the flow and return and cap them off
i did think of removing the heating element and then syphoning off the remainder of the water but because of the age of the tank im loathed to do this in case i damage it
any more thoughts
bob :confused:

Sponsored Links
hi kevindgas
as soon as i sent the email i thought why not just remove the hot outlet and syphon that way? its copper so i may just remove the outlet and do it that way
can you have a grey moment,instead of a blonde one
bob

When i had to drain my old cylinder, I cut the cold feed just above the level of the tank, soldered a 22-15mm reducer on and added a hose to that to syphon from. It's easy enough to solder the pipe back together again and doesn't risk damage to the cylinder tappings.

Sponsored Links
thanks mogget
i will be going back next week i will way up the options then
many thanks
bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back