Direct replacement for Lifestyle LP111 Timerswitch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have just moved into a new house which has a Bosch boiler (Not sure which model), a lifestyle LP111 timerswitch and a Seimens Landis And Staefa RAA02 thermostat.
All works great, however the timerswitch only has two settings which is no good for my shift work. I have seen that you can simply replace the front unit and use existing backplate which would be a godsend - question is - what model and make can i use as a direct replacement? I need mon-fri and sep sat/sun settings and also 3 per day is a must.

Is the LP711si ok? - I am savvy with electrics so swapping wires is ok - just would rather not?. All help most greatly appreciated.. Cheers! :D

Sponsored Links
The ACL/Drayton/Invensys range of controllers mostly have a standard backplate, you undo the small screw underneath, tilt out the control from the bottom, and it pulls off the plate. Look for "Universal Backplate" in the "Features" column of the catalogue. It sounds like you have a Combi boiler so you want what they call a "Timeswitch" that controls the heating (not a "programmer which also has timing for hot water)

You can look at the range here http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/home/
which also includes a link to their compatibility chart

Make sure you buy an LP model not an LPSi - which has the annoying feature of stopping the boiler working properly at intervals to encourage you to call a serviceman out - this is designed for rented properties where the homeowner can't be trusted to have it serviced. An LP711 will do what you want. I don't know a 741

Interestingly, they still make programmers with a rotating wheel mechanical timer, useful for older people or those who find it difficult to use and program the electronic ones. They also fit on the standard backplate, I fited one for my old mum to replace a Lifestyle.

Interestingly, they still make programmers with a rotating wheel mechanical timer, useful for older people or those who find it difficult to use and program the electronic ones. They also fit on the standard backplate, I fited one for my old mum to replace a Lifestyle.

they are crap. noisy and most old people find it impossible to move the time selectors which completely defeats the purpose.

Sponsored Links
It would be about the same cost and give more features to add a programmable thermostat instead.

Tony

It would be about the same cost and give more features to add a programmable thermostat instead.

Tony

ie replace the Siemens one?? - If so do you have any ideas on particular model?

Appreciate the help here guys! :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back