Dirty Washing Machine!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I’ve recently moved into a rented flat that has an Electrolux Aqualux 1000 washing machine. It’s clearly a few years old but despite being somewhat 'worn' the beast is in working order. However, to say that the seal around the door was dirty is an understatement!

The 'folds' in the seal were coated in a brown lime scale/crust which came off reasonably easily but the 'folds' by there nature are proving difficult to clean. I've used a washing machine cleaner as well as running the hottest/longest wash with detergent (which actually worked better) but there is still some of the 'muck' lying in the nooks and crannies of the seal.

Is there anything else I can try? Is a new seal an option and can I replace this myself? While I’m confident the cleaning I’ve done will have killed any nasties, a dirty machine isn't appealing for cleaning my clothes!

Tank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
have you tried a nylon washing-up brush? good for crevices.

You might also try a kitchen cleaner spray which removes limescale (but rinse off thoroughly as they are mildly acidic)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back