Disable ARC Texecom 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I can't seem to find the setting to turn off the ARC. Using the RKP to do this.

Reason I'm asking is it prompted me for the code (never happened before) when I simulated an alarm after swapping a QD for a DT. All previous tests have gone fine but not in this instance.

Normally, the prox fob works but it seemed to throw a wobbler and locked the keypad with the 'Call ARC Centre' or something like that. Also said generate code??

Eventually, it accepted engineers code only and all was normal. I've since changed it so you don't need a user to assign/allow engineer, if that makes sense.

I thought the option was in '''Area Options". Proper scratching my head now.

I don't want that reset message again. Any reason it happened at all? As said, never came up during a test or an alarm state?

Sponsored Links
Is the alarm system connected to a monitoring station ?
If so needs to be on engineers reset.
If this a self install and not connected to arc then you need to change the reset function in global to customer reset,you will also need to changed confirmed alarm as well.
To disable arc you will need to go into program digit,but do not think you will need to do this.,just change reset procedure .

The alarm isn't on a monitoring station no. To change the reset procedure do I do this via engineers mode?

I looked in global options but there was no facility or anything that mentioned arc.

What do you mean by program digit?

Sponsored Links
Ok. I've managed to find the menu and I have the following:

Anti-code reset AB
Confirmed reset AB

Do them values need changing then?

Edit: Just removed the areas from Anti-code reset so now I have nothing assigned to it (AB) now (..)

Do I do the same with confirmed reset and set this to null?

Also, it appears my attempt to remove user code for engineer access hasn't worked.

Right ok. Sorry for multiposting. Just figured it out. Global options>configuration>option 10>engineer only.

Think I've got it right.

So just to confirm, if I were to simulate an alarm, my fob/user code should reset the system OR do I require engineer code?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back