Disabling sensor to remove it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post here.

I am after disabling one of my Texecom Premier Impaq sensors so I can remove it. I know my engineer code. I have looked through the manual but can’t see anything other than omit zones. My first question is do I just set that to omit to be able to remove it, does this isolate the 12v wire?

The reason I ask as we have decided where that sensor is isn’t the best, so we are going to replace it with a magnetic sensor, and extend the wire from it to have the impact sensor in a better place.

My next question is how easy is it to connect a magnetic sensor in line before this one?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
To isolate the 12v this must be done in the control panel,then you can make the zone not used in engineer programming.
Post photo of shock sensor on current window/door to see why you say it is not in best position

Ah right, so I’d need to disconnect it in the control panel first then? I wasn’t sure if it could be done via the local panel using the engineer code. I’ll post a picture showing what I want to do.

My intention is to fit a magnetic in the gap at the side of the door (red arrow) and move the impact sensor to the other side of the sliding part (blue arrow), underneath like it is now.

CAE3103A-786E-44E5-B700-D4D6EFD06FD5.jpeg

The reason is that if the door is open the dog keep catching it as she runs through. Also we want a magnetic sensor so if we go to set the alarm it will let us know if we left the patio door open as it won’t set.

Sponsored Links
Poor position for existing shock sensor
Door contact will be fine.
Moving the shock to the that new position is not advisable,too close to the floor to sense vibration correctly.
Would be better up the frame near lock.
Would need to see more photos of door for better position

Thanks for the reply, I thought it was going to be ok but realised afterwards it is a poor place, ha. Here is a picture of the door. It is pretty tight to try anywhere else to be fair. I might have to stick to the magnetic on then.

image.jpg

That was why we fitted it at the bottom but as I said, when it is open it end up being a stepping stone, ha. Do you think it is worth fitting where I was planning or just stick with a magnetic?

Is there enough space to fit shock sensor down edge of the door ?
Texecom do a shock with combined door contact , but could be tight.
Otherwise go with the door contact

I’ll have a look but pretty sure we checked it when we fitted it. If it doesn’t i’ll just swap the current one out for the magnetic one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back