Disconnecting / connecting gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am putting a new kitchen in and the old gas hob has a flexible (rubber?) pipe joining the hob to the gas pipe via a fitting that looks like a circular "ring" and have been told its probably a baynot fitting of some type.

I know I have to have a Corgi person install the new hob with rigid copper pipe - but is it OK for me to disconnect the flexible pipe from the pipe coming out the wall? I'm assuming that if it is a baynot fitting it seals itself. (Bit like disconnecting the BBQ from the gas tank?)

Or is it 2 trips for Mr Corgi?

Many thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
good example but you should be sure you can do the job properly first, for example can you detect for a gas leak ? and if you found one would you no what to do ?.when you disconect your gas tank do you use leak detection fluid on the bottle as you should?

I know this has been covered before but I would suggest getting a CORGI person in to disconnect it as I am sure no corgi reg person would connect a gas hob with a flexible pipe so a check up of the system would be advisable

Better safe than sorry mate

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back