Stand alone gas hob with flexi hose connection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

If I have a counter top gas hob can the final connection be via a flexible gas hose , or does it have to be rigid copper piping?

I've read that you can use a flexible hose so long as the heat from the hob does not get to 70 degreed C near the hose.

Sponsored Links
I've read that you can use a flexible hose so long as the heat from the hob does not get to 70 degreed C near the hose.
Go on, post a link to that publication, or did you hear it from a mate down the pub?

The 'can I use flex to connect my hob' record is worn out to the point it is now useless. It should be consigned to Room 101 :evil:

Sponsored Links
The information I have been given is by Bosch and Nef UK? And they had advised to ask the installer. It seems that judging by the somewhat crude comments I will not get any sensible responses and will do what I think is right.

Last time I user this unprofessional forum.!!

a1ek,

Use the forum search facility and input 'gas hob flexible hose'. You will find all the information you need if you read through the hits.

This issue (as you will see from your search) comes up again and again hence the ire of some of the regulars.

Add to that the constant attempts by posters to usurp the need for gas appliances to be properly fitted by competent persons and you may appreciate their reticence in assisting.

My own view is that, irrespective of MIs, if your gas installer is visiting to install the hob connection anyway, you may as well get him (or her!) to install it via a 'hard' connection.

Only IMHO though.

B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back