connecting a new gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can a flexi hose be used to connect a gas hob the the gas supply as the new one doesn't line up with the old one, or does it have to be a conventional compression fitting?
Thx

Sponsored Links
no it has to be piped in with copper pipe and a isolation valve to meet current standards, easy job for a corgi!

thats great thank you, just wanted to make sure I wasn't being fleeced! Thank you for the quick response.

no probs, tell us wat they quote ya cuz its a easy job! could save ya a bit of labour if ya have the work top cut ready (but dont fix the hob in place) ;)

Sponsored Links
..........cuz its a easy job!

If the worktop hole isn't too big/small/too far back, if the wall units aren't too low, if the extractors not too low, if its not a deep double oven below, if the gas pipeworks of sufficient size, if you don't find an existing gas leak during T.T, if you don't have to issue W.N for the dodgy gas fire etc, if...... :LOL: :LOL:

Depends on manafactures instructions.
I have seen instructions stating that you can use a flexi rubber hose to B.S whatsit.
However I prefer fixed appiance= ridgid pipework rule.

Try installing a hose to a hob with the oven shoved in underneath - it's impossible to comply with the hose manufactureres installation instructions.

Thats why the hob instructions will also say only if not fitted above an oven..

Few and far between manufacturers who say flex can be used

..........cuz its a easy job!

If the worktop hole isn't too big/small/too far back, if the wall units aren't too low, if the extractors not too low, if its not a deep double oven below, if the gas pipeworks of sufficient size, if you don't find an existing gas leak during T.T, if you don't have to issue W.N for the dodgy gas fire etc, if...... :LOL: :LOL:

can find if's 2make every job awkward and more costly! but its only now n then it happens.. point taken tho :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back