Disconnecting garage consumer unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am i permitted to disconnect a garage consumer unit? I need to dismantle my garage and so i intend to turn off the power, pull out MCB from main consumer unit, disconnect garage consumer unit from cable and roll up to keep out the way but leave the other end connected to main unit.

Some bloke i contacted wanted £150 for this, so thought i'd do it myself, but just wanted to check with you knowledgeable people if its allowed?

Sponsored Links
MCBs don't "pull out". (Or at least, they shouldn't :eek: )

Don't leave the cable connected at the supply end, remove it completely. Take care, because even with the main switch off there are still live wires inside the CU.

Sponsored Links
Indeed they do - you're quite right - sorry about that. :oops:

Never mind ban we are all wrong sometimes eh?
Here is a link to help you become more familiar http://www.fastlec.co.uk/wylex-b6-6a-plug-in-mcb-p-3670.html there actully used quite often i would of thought with your vast knowledge and experience you would have came accross them.

Again dont know why mod deleted my original post it was on topic (coincidence? I think not) and now this one is on topic and helpful so Mod/Ban please refrain from being biased for the sake of the forum.

Again dont know why mod deleted my original post it was on topic (coincidence? I think not) and now this one is on topic and helpful so Mod/Ban please refrain from being biased for the sake of the forum.
WOE are you on about?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back