Disconnecting wired smoke alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I know it not the right thing to do butI need to do this tonight.

Our downstairs smoke alarm keeps going off as the heat sensor is broken. I need to disconnect this alarm just for now until I can get it fixed on Monday. It keeps going off sending us, the dogs and probably the neighbours crazy. Last night for the first time it went off at 2.30am, not good when there's also a linked sensor in the garage.

I've found which alarm is causing the problem, and the electrician has told me that the heat sensor has gone, but now I can't get hold of him to ask how to disconnect until he gets here to replace.

Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
depends which make / type it is.

some you casn unplug the detector from the base

Can you post a photograph of the offending unit? Sometimes you need to remove a wedge to allow the unit to turn and will then separate from the base.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. It was, in fact a plug in connection as you said. Rogue detector has now been removed and replaced.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back