Discontinued kichen units?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
We haved moved into a place and we need to add to the kitchen units. Unfortunately we don't know the names of the supplier or range of the existing units. Could anyone who knows about these things please have a look at this and if they can identify them please let me know. http://little-problems.blogspot.com/
These are not the original colour as I have stripped and re-varnished them. When I started they had been painted with what looked like white masonry paint!!!
I am really, really desperate and would be very grateful of any help.
Thanks in advance.
John

Sponsored Links
jd76 said:
These are not the original colour as I have stripped and re-varnished them. When I started they had been painted with what looked like white masonry paint!!!
They use white emulsion paint for that effect, rub it in then wipe it off.
If you still don't know the name then most joinery shop should be able to make one to measure. Although it would be cheaper if you can find the supplier.

They are many kitchen replacement doors company on google, if not they should be able to make one.

Does it look like this one?

torinos.jpg

Hi,
thanks for that. I've done the google thing with no good result.
The doors and drawers have the same design all round, ie no curves.
Anyone know a good joiner in Lowestoft???

In a relatively remote town like Lowestoft I'd assume that the kitchen came from either one of the sheds or a local kitchen company. People generally buy kitchens from somewhere within 20 or so miles of where they live. Have you tried going round any of these places? There are a lot of firms out there making doors and any design tends to have a production life of 3 to 10 years so trying round your local suppliers could be worth it. Do you know if the hinges are stamped with maker's names as they can sometimes be a clue (for example FGV hinges were a favourite of the sheds for a few years).

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Scrit. The units (carcasses) look the general sort of stuff you would get from MFI/Homebase etc.
Other than the above Lowestoft doesn't have much in the way of kitchen suppliers.
I've trawled every custom and regular door site that google can throw up.
The hinges have no discernible markings.
I don't understand what you mean by "sheds".
J

jd76 said:
I don't understand what you mean by "sheds".
Large DIY stores, e.g. B & Q, etc.

Sorry for stating the obvious :oops: On looking at the door again it is obvious that they are CNC or pin routed (the rounded corner in the frame moulding gives that away) and I've looked through my library and can't find any current doors I can get hold of which are similar. The mouldings on these are quite complex, so it's probably going to be a case of getting a local joiner or cabinetmaker to make you up some new ones to match.

Good luck!

Scrit

Thanks again and thanks for going to so much trouble. If I find them elsewhere I'll be sure to come back and let you know.
J

Just got a word from a chap on another site that these doors are Hygena "Hastings" range from MFI. Does that ring true with anyone?
J

I've fitted many MFI kitchen and Hastings range does a ring a bell with me and I've looked in all my old MFI catalogue and it's not there, might be an idea to email MFI with your photo attachment to see if they can help.

Did that this morning. Blindingly efficient auto-reply said they would reply in SEVEN business days. Don't they want customers??? :confused:

Bet they come back and say they can't open the picture or some other nonsense!

I'm afraid they haven't got a good name :cry: Many complaints in the newspaper just lately

Guess what, the lovely Leeanne replied to say that she couldn't open the pictures!!! :confused:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back