Discontinued kichen units?

Starting bid of £2,500 for a second-hand 10 year old "solid oak" kitchen with tiled tops? I wish I had that amount of brass neck! Bet the carcasses are chipboard, not "solid oak", and that the £12,000 included the fitting, tiling and appliances. Most of the time when you pull out sinks and taps after 10 years they are shot (corrosion at the base of the taps, staining/marking of the sink). Same goes for the ovens, hobs, fridges and some of the units - white goods are rated as having a 7 to 10 year life and moving them can kill them stone dead. And the tiled tops will be scrap unless your kitchen is exactly the right size or you can get a tile match - ever tried that? I note that the kitchen maker's name isn't given, so I wonder if it's MFI. In fact there were loads of firms in the UK making this cathedral arch style of frame and panel door 10 to 20 years back, it's just that styles/tastes have changed and they are simply no longer popular.

As to a professional being interested in buying it - I'll bet he was until that price was quoted!

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Good News---These are very very similar to mine, the only difference being your beading angle is rounded whereas mine is angled.

Bad News- Mine were made by Roundel Kitchens and were discontinued 5 years ago...

Long shot but have you tried eBay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back