Discovery Channel

Bit obvious this one.
The reason why you are a few feet further back when you jump off the roof is because the air resistance against you slows you down relative to the train, (The train is using power to over come the air resistance, anongst other things).
Inside the carriage the air is travelling at the same speed as the train, hence no air resistance when you jump, ergo you land in the same spot as you jumped from, especially if you were hanging onto the back of the seats at the time.

Another one: how many wheels are driven in a 2 or 4WD vehicle?
or:
explain how an unpowered spacecraft can orbit the earth.
or:
how come people are weightless in a falling aircraft.

No 1 not sure maybe only 1 / 2 wheels ever real driven at any one point something to do with the dif...?

2 a satelite will not indefinately remain in orbit it is always falling toward earth I think post above explained...

3. You are not weightless you are in free-fall and appear weightless relative to the aircraft. You would soon know if it didn't recover and hit the ground!

Sponsored Links
Bit obvious this one.
Meant as a tongue in cheek comment...... ;)

Ok....The chicken and the egg debate ??????????..........

Chicken and the egg laying in bed together
After a passionate furious two minutes of sex..........The egg turns to the chicken and says..."Well I guess we've answered THAT question then"..... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yikes, I ain't reading all that lot. Read the first page.
The canal system is not a closed system so weight is not only transferred along the whole length of canal but will also overflow somewhere when the boat was first floated. Therefore the weight does not change.

Not like a closed system, i.e glass of water on bathroom scales, that will increase by weight added. The water will be displaced but will remain in the glass.

No 1 not sure maybe only 1 / 2 wheels ever real driven at any one point something to do with the dif...?
1 wheel driven on a 2wd vehicle, bit obvious that one but also 1 wheel driven on a 4wd vehicle....unless you lock the centre diff, (or it's permanently locked, unusual), then 1 wheel on each axle is driven...unless you have diff lockers on the axle diffs, (not normal, only for performance/real off-roaders)in which case you can have all 4 wheels driven.
2 a satelite will not indefinately remain in orbit it is always falling toward earth I think post above explained...
Coljack also close:
The satellite orbit is always deteriorating, i.e. falling towards earth due to gravity, but the curvature of the earth is falling away at the same time/curvature. Therefore the satellite remains in orbit.

3. You are not weightless you are in free-fall and appear weightless relative to the aircraft. You would soon know if it didn't recover and hit the ground!

bit obvious as well init?

Back