Psychics Puzzle

He? Now how did you tell that wasn't me :evil:
Anyway the conveyors not going to work as long as he's holding the fuse.

Sponsored Links
I agree.

EDIT: Do you want an explanation Softus (ie Newton, The Wheels etc) or are you happy with YES/NO Answers?
I'm happy with whatever answer you elect to provide, Blasphemous.

EDIT 2: I see this has indeed been posted before by non other than yourself Mr S!
Oh. I must have forgotten. :eek:

My answer still stands.... and is correct. :D
I agree. :D

Sponsored Links
I agree.

EDIT: Do you want an explanation Softus (ie Newton, The Wheels etc) or are you happy with YES/NO Answers?
I'm happy with whatever answer you elect to provide, Blasphemous.

Right, saying as Mr S is, I think, being mischievous with this (its causing argument already!) here's my answer.... the right answer :D

The wheels of an aircraft 'spin freely'. They DO NOT provide propulsion or forward motion to the aircraft and therefore do not 'push against' the action of the conveyor belt. Any forward motion (thrust), comes from the engines or propellers not the wheels. Forward motion/Thrust therefore is being applied to the aircraft 'body'. It has NOTHING to do with how fast or slow the wheels happen to be 'spinning/free-wheeling'.

According to Newtons Third Law of Motion, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The thrust of the engines is acting against the 'air'. Because the wheels are free-wheeling the conveyor belt cannot exert any force on the aircraft with respect to forward motion. All that it will do is make the wheels spin faster or slower. There is no force in this scenario that is opposing the thrust vector of the aircraft. Therefore if the conveyor belt cannot exert any force on the aircraft, which it cannot because as we now know, the wheels spin/free-wheel, the aircraft will take off.

Phew!!! I'm off to make a cuppa now. Anyone want one?

Please Sir, Mr Softus Sir, can I have a gold star for my answer? :D

I've got two very muscular index fingers i can tell you

Right I've got me cuppa. I've had two actually... I'm Tea Greedy!! :D

Has this thread died? Doesn't ANYONE want to challenge the answer? :confused:

What a brilliant question !!! It's had me wracking my brain all night, I think my brain will blow................ a bit like the OP's question blows :LOL:

I want to, but I really shouldn't.
Go on! I've admitted I'm Tea Greedy. Go on have one!.... Oh you mean challenge the answer? But you've already agreed haven't you?... I'm confused... but then that's a normal state of mind for me.

Anyway, I thought you were being provocatively quiet? Its the new going out that you know? :D

Sponsored Links
Back