physics puzzle no.2

EUREKA ... I knew someone would get there in the end ... Now explain it to DOI icon_lol.gif

Doitall: If you are indeed a qualified pilot and I've done you a disservice then perhaps you'd care to post a copy of your license frontpage ... Suitably anonymised of course.

They don't need to explain it thank you Mw, I know how a plane fly's, and I know how to read and understand a question/post.

And I don't care whether you believe I can fly or not, but if you're ever at the Bristol and Wessex flying club Lulsgate do come and say hello.

Sponsored Links
Those who are hasty to mistrust are invariably not trustworthy themselves.

Those who are hasty to mistrust are invariably not trustworthy themselves.

Truthfully I had my PPL suspended a few years ago when I had Cancer and failed the medical, and given my current medical problems it would be a waste of time trying to get it back. :rolleyes:

Just in case you hadn't realised, John, I was referring to the dolt who wanted to see a copy of your license.

Sponsored Links
Those who are hasty to mistrust are invariably not trustworthy themselves
Confucius you are not Softus so don't bother trying.

I'm not surprised that you baulk in the face of anyone who requires validation as you purport to be expert on everything whilst lacking credence in anything ... Besides, you're not supposed to be reading my posts so do me a favour and go back to being blissfully ignorant.

Doitall, whilst I'm sympathetic to your medical problems, after reading some of your posts on this thread you really are safer on the ground anyway.

MW

One of my last landings ATC ask me if I could abort when I was about 2ft of the deck :rolleyes:

A Brittania came in without clearance, so yes you're probably right ;)

A Brittania :eek:

I haven't seen one of those for quite some time, I take it this was a while ago :LOL:

A couple of years ago I was dropping a friend back to work at RAF Brize Norton after their leave down in Sunny Devon (in a Cherokee) and ATC cleared me to turn finals onto 08LH ... On carrying out the usual visual checks prior to the turn in at 500 feet I looked to the right to check for traffic and there was this f***ing great Tristar about 2 miles away on long finals to land ... Gear down, flaps down, lights on and VERY VERY large.

If I'd landed we would have been squished :rolleyes:

One change of underwear and a stream of expletives to ATC later and I was fine.

I've had my fair share of issues over the past 25 years ... But still here to talk about them so could be worse ;)

MW

Must be 5-6 years ago now, and yes we would have been squished as well.

The Cherokee was my favorite G.BO?? can't remember will have to dig the log out.

Have been to RAF Brize Norton a few times but not in a plane.

Strayed into Yeovilton air space :eek: that was interesting, two jets giving me the thumbs down, ATC persuaded them to let me climb to 5000 feet and turn towards Bridgewater.

The Brittania guy got suspended by the way, I thought they were still going into Bristol, I haven't been there for a couple of years, so must get down there again.

On a closing note I would kill to get back in the air. :rolleyes:

I would also like to add that the OP talked about 'wheel speed'.

Now this can be 2 things,

1) Rotational speed of the wheel which will be twice that of the conveyor.

2) Linear speed of the wheel which will be equal to that of the conveyor.

It just serves to show that if the question is not worded in a scientific way then anyone can make up an answer to satisfy what they perceive the question is asking, with hilarious results...well I thought so :D

One interesting question has to be when the plane takes off does the conveyor stop instantly or are the sensors bluetoothed?

I wondered when someone was going to consider the conveyor :LOL:

The general impression I was getting from you guys was the conveyor was free running and only driven by the forward motion of the planes wheels, and had no power in its own right.

Unlike the video example :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back