Psychics Puzzle

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Like I said its a bad question.
IMHO that is. ;)

Its a bad question to start with as the conveyor and the aircraft wheels cannot go at the same speed. ;)
Really! And why would that be then?

A conveyor has a larger circumference so for every rpm of the conveyor, the wheel may do 50, 100 or even a thousand.
How do you control that :confused:
read the op and it states they both do the same and yes it will take off i've seen the video evidence :LOL:

It won't take off.
Why ?
Bacause the control system will blow up before the plane reaches the end of the run way. :rolleyes:

with the mindpower on this site its unlikely to move at all :LOL: :LOL:

Now lets all concentrate and get this thread off the ground!

Just noticed the title.
Should be physiques ;)

Right, saying as Mr S is, I think, being mischievous with this (its causing argument already!) here's my answer.... the right answer :D

The wheels of an aircraft 'spin freely'. They DO NOT provide propulsion or forward motion to the aircraft and therefore do not 'push against' the action of the conveyor belt. Any forward motion (thrust), comes from the engines or propellers not the wheels. Forward motion/Thrust therefore is being applied to the aircraft 'body'. It has NOTHING to do with how fast or slow the wheels happen to be 'spinning/free-wheeling'.

According to Newtons Third Law of Motion, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The thrust of the engines is acting against the 'air'. Because the wheels are free-wheeling the conveyor belt cannot exert any force on the aircraft with respect to forward motion. All that it will do is make the wheels spin faster or slower. There is no force in this scenario that is opposing the thrust vector of the aircraft. Therefore if the conveyor belt cannot exert any force on the aircraft, which it cannot because as we now know, the wheels spin/free-wheel, the aircraft will take off.

Phew!!! I'm off to make a cuppa now. Anyone want one?

Just noticed the title.
Should be physiques ;)
Now i'm only showing this pic of myself in order to correct your spelling

unk014.jpg

He looks like he will take off any minute.
My spelling was correct. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back