Dishwasher APL 8224 (Hygena I think)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The dishwasher was working fine until the element burnt out.

After replacing the element the dishwasher is syphoning dirty sink water into wash compartment, when its switched off. Looking at the way it has been plumbed in, the waste water is below the level of the U bend, so there has always been the potential for this to occur, but it never happened prior to the element burning out. I can alter the plumbing to overcome the problem, but there must be another problem with the machine.

I guess its a non-return valve or something similar that has failed, any idea's on where its located, or even if I'm on the right track?

All help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
put waste pipe up higher over u bend

Thank-you for the response.
I have already altered the plumbing and the problem of back syphoning is gone. My question was really, that this didn't happen before the element burnt out, even though the plumbing was poor.
So I'm thinking that some kind of one way valve has been damaged or jammed by the element pieces being flushed through the pump. Does anyone have any knowledge of this kind of problem or how it may be overcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back