Bosch Dishwasher (1992!)Element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just noticed that a burning smell when opening the dishwasher to put in a dirty cup. The washer was part way through programme with water in the bottom. I noticed that part of the element near the first securing clip was literally red with heat like a full on element in a cooker. I turned it off. I reckon element will need changed. The washer is 17 years old but has performed faultlessly to date virtually every day. I acquired a secondhand element many years ago - just in case. The dishwasher is of the integrated type - I do not know the model number yet. Will I have to extract the beast from its lair and all the hassle that entails or will I be able to remove the element from its clips, screw attachment and wiring by removing the kitchen kickboard?

Sponsored Links
If the element was red I would assume it was ok as power is getting to it.

Possibly the thermostat not cutting out when it reaches the right temperature but I would be more inclined to wonder why the element was not immersed in water or being cooled by heat transference to the water when the circulation pump is operating.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately you will probably have to remove it from the surround so you can check the pipework that goes to the fill level switches and brake tank for blockages.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back