Dishwasher- aqua stop hose cannot connect to cold pipe, due to the Aqua stop device!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, several hours later and at the risk of wrecking something here is my post. Bought a dishwasher with an aqua stop device fitted on it, didn't realise it would be an issue however I can't get it to connect to the cold fill hose due to the device getting in the way. I've tried nudging both waste pipe and copper pipe but it looks like the cold fill tap needs moving 45 degrees to ensure an easy fit. I can't change the hose as it's wired to the dishwasher, I was thinking of maybe flexi metal hose to connect the two, or can the cold tap be "bent" somehow?

Cheers
Dan

Sponsored Links
You can get bent washing machine valves

Is it too close to the wall

Hi, thanks for your reply... no, not too close to the wall, it's that the waste pipe from the sink is approx 6"" beneath the inlet tap, and that's not enough clearance for the hose from the dishwasher to be flush when connecting.

you can get straight valves, or right-angled ones.

perhaps if one type does not fit, the other will.

http://www.screwfix.com/search?search=washing+valve

the Pegler ones are good quality.

There is a reasonable chance that the existing nut and olive will fit the new valve, so might not need to be removed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back