Dishwasher - Bosch Exxcel SGS56E02GB

I removed the pressure chamber and associated parts. There was some limescale but relatively clean. I removed the hose and that was also very clean. I ran the washer and it worked fine, emptying at the end of the cycle. Not sure why its worked but I'll see how long it works for this time. There was a little debris in the the washer arms but nothing too significant.

Thanks again for your help.

Sponsored Links
Zipper, it's happened again!!!! You mentioned replacing the drain pump which I dont have a problem with (apart from discovering how to do it?) but as I said the pump was still running at the end of the cycle although the water wasnt going anywhere. Something was telling the pump to continue, so is that at fault? Confused javascript:emoticon(':confused:')

Also, I did notice some water in the bottom caseing of the machine but I dont know if this was a result of me opening the door. Could a seal be the problem?

All help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked/cleaned everything mentioned previously?
When the drain pump on a dishwasher runs continuously it usually means a leak has allowed water onto the baseplate & activated the flood protection device. However this should NOT cause water to be left standing inside the machine unless there is another problem happening at the same time.
Pull the machine out of its lair & lean it backward to see if water runs off the baseplate (have towels ready). If water runs out you have an internal leak that needs to be tracked down. Then find a shallow bowl/bucket & disconnect the drain hose from the sink spigot (keeping it high until you put it into the bowl at floor level). Any water remaining in the machine should drain freely into the bowl/bucket. You can recheck it by filling more water manually if need be. If water drains freely it eliminates a blocked drain hose. That leaves the following culprits; a clogged sink spigot/plumbing issue or a failing/failed pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back