Dishwasher into cupboard space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I’m looking for help please, I had a joiner / plumber out today to fit a dishwasher into my cupboard space after being advised from the same company that I could be done and quoted, he removed the inside unit but could not go ahead with the work as he advised the dishwasher was a little to big to add the plinth back on and cupboard door. I have now been charged and left with a empty space as base was removed and no dishwasher fitted, I have plinth at the bottom and now realising how was the door on the dishwasher supposed to open once the plinth was fitted again, should I order an intregated dishwasher, I’m so confused with all this. I got the company to attend and check last month to be told yes we can fit it told me what to order then it’s came to today and it can’t be done, I have been charged for this work and he hasn’t put my cupboard back on or base back in, I have a washing machine in at other side. please help.

Attachments

• IMG_2083.jpeg
    IMG_2083.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
You can't fit a non integrated dishwasher into the space between two cupboards and expect the plinth and cupboard door to remain in place.

Sponsored Links
Okay thank you, this is already removed and sitting out I haven’t put back in, I just need to see what size to order as not sure if I can order the same size and it will fit.

Dishwashers are either 400mm or 600mm so you need same size space for intergrated.

You need accurate measurements to be sure.
I have a cupboard that is (I think) 450 mm wide.
My old freestanding dishwasher would have stuck out.

Eventually I replaced the old one with an integrated dishwasher and packed the sides.
You might have issues with depth.

To be fair, if a company says that they can do a job and discovers that they can’t do it half way through, they shouldn’t charge? Depends on whether they definitely say they can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back