Plinth under Integrated dishwasher?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone help?

We have had our kitchen fitted and there is a fair sized gap between the plinth and the integrated dishwasher (see pic).

When the door opens it's pretty flush so it's not been cut too short.

IMG_1975.JPG

Is there any way to adjust the plinth so it's looks better? Apart from having a non integrated dishwasher....

Sponsored Links
Hi

Can anyone help?

We have had our kitchen fitted and there is a fair sized gap between the plinth and the integrated dishwasher (see pic).

When the door opens it's pretty flush so it's not been cut too short.

View attachment 117788

Is there any way to adjust the plinth so it's looks better? Apart from having a non integrated dishwasher....

Are you sure that gap isn't there to account for the swing of the unit door? At a guess that kickboard being recessed is going to be almost directly under the dishwasher door.

Edit: I might have misunderstood what you're saying. It is what it is at this point.

yes, it's there to account for the swing door.

Is there no way to get rid of the issue? I think the dishwasher is up as far as it can go. I'm not sure we are happy to leave the gap as it is. It's quite visible and doesn't look good.

It is standard for integrated dishwashers to require the plinth to be notched out like this. You say yourself, when the door is open it's flush and the dishwasher is as high up as it can go, so there is nothing else you can do there.
How about trimming down the plinth below the other units on the right, in order to make it symmetrical?

Sponsored Links
yes, it's there to account for the swing door.

Is there no way to get rid of the issue? I think the dishwasher is up as far as it can go. I'm not sure we are happy to leave the gap as it is. It's quite visible and doesn't look good.

Is the board set inline with the other kickboard or is it set as far back as possible before it clashes with the dishwasher unit?

Unless that can be moved back to avoid a door swing clash which in turn would cause another issue with symmetry, there's not much you can do, unless there's some one far more imaginative than me.

DW door seems to be set a tad lower than neighbouring door? To keep my plinths the same height I made the Dishwasher door a tad shorter than the others , not as noticible.

It's how it has to be I'm afraid. The DW door drops forward, and then swings the cupboard door down and backwards. If the plinth were the normal height, it would hit the plinth, and stop it opening. The only trick would be to create a spring loaded plinth that dropped backwards, and then sprang back up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back