Dishwasher is not washing properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have an ignis adl350 dishwasher I believe and recently it hasn't been cleaning dishes properly. Is there anything I can do myself (a DIY novice) to solve the problem before I get someone around?

I've never posted to a forum before so if there's a glaring mistake or it's in the wrong place then I apologise now.

Thank you x

Sponsored Links
You can check the filters are clean & also look at the spray arms, they may be blocked.
If the spray arms are removable (see user manual) then you can clean if not removable, use a torch & have a look to ensure all the holes are clear.

Salt full? Filter clean? Try using one of the cleaning treatments available at most supermarkets. Sometimes a good long hot wash can help flush out any residues.

Thanks for the replies both. I've now taken the wash arms off and ran water through them. They do not apper to be blocked.
I've put it on the hottest setting a few times hoping that would do the trick but unfortunately no such luck.

The machine sounds in working order and seems to go the cycle well enough but not all plates and dishes are clean.

Another thing I've noticed is the tablet isn't being used properly. There's approximately half of it left in the tray at the end of the clean?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
If all the tablet isnt being used, I would be looking at a blockage.
I don't know your machine, but are there 3 spray arms & you havnt checked them all.
1 on the roof
1 on the floor
I under the basket.
Did you check the user manual?

FIXED! There's a pipe that carries water from the floor of the machine up to those arms you were talking about. Well the base of the pipe is out of sight behind the drainage part (sorry) which had become disconnected somehow. I'm assuming water wasn't flowing up into those arms properly. The pipe literally clipped back in.

Thank you so much for your help I wouldn't have done it otherwise.
One happy person. :D

Thanks for the update, so many threads don't get closed down.
Your reply may well help others.
Glad you are sorted,

Should be a retaining clip on that connection, if it's been dislodged the problem could re-appear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back