Dishwasher on ground floor - plumbing issue?

Sponsored Links
Hello Themoo,

Make a hole about here (or see if there is a gap under the worktop) and pull down if the hose is long enough. If not, you will have to buy an extension hose and cut to length.

Regards,
Huggybear.

Attachments

• IMG_20230530_145821.jpg
    IMG_20230530_145821.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
So it needs to shoot up and then down again, just not with all the length that it did have.

Is it expecting too much if I ask the plumber to come up and sort this? I kind of thought he would know what he was doing with this kind of thing.

Is it expecting too much if I ask the plumber to come up and sort this? I kind of thought he would know what he was doing with this kind of thing.

Are you sure he is actually a plumber? He does seem to be completely lacking in the common sense of basic plumbing.

Sponsored Links
High Loop.

Not really but American water/wastewater and inches don't differ much in the UK or Europe.

Thank you all. I will ring him this morning. I got him from CheckaTrade but it's not the first time I've had my doubts. Once I get this sorted I'll be looking for a new one.

Ha, absolutely not! Although I did get a great electrician from there. So ... you win some, you lose some.

I'm talking about the link you posted, to a device that seems to only really be fitted in the American market, that airgaps the dishwasher and causes it to visibly spray dirty water into the sink to indicate when the drain away is blocked.

I'm suggesting you link to where a UK person would buy one of these American things

The link I posted has approx 2/3rd the way down in GREEN Stating High Loop which I thought was in keeping with your thread, it didn't menton any devices, I could have cut and pasted it but didn't think that was really necessary.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back