Dishwasher position under workshop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not too sure if this is the correct forum group to post this so please move if not.

I have installed a dishwasher under a quartz worktop on a platform but there is still a 20mm gap between the top of the dishwasher and bottom of the worktop. Do I need to raise the platform so it sits flush underneath or should I pack it out at the top?

Sponsored Links
Pack the top - you may find the D/washer manufacturer makes a suitable packing piece

Sponsored Links
Look closely at the base - they screw right down so they're flush - I've known people before to think there were no legs because of this.

You just unscrew them to the length required.

My kitchen cupboards all have a piece of material across the front.
So when I added a built in dishwasher I fixed a strip of laminated material to match.
It was just a cut down premade shelf from b&q

fit the door first , then use the winder/adjuster at the bottom front to adjust the height of the machine so the door lines up with the line of the units or drawer fronts next to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back