dishwasher recomendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be in the market for a dishwasher soon and would like a recomendation or two as to what is best in my price range..

I'm looking at around £200-£350 ish..

I was recomended a Bosch washing machine by the sales lady so was wondering if the Bosch ones are any good..

Sponsored Links
ColJack said:
I'm going to be in the market for a dishwasher soon and would like a recomendation or two as to what is best in my price range..

I'm looking at around £200-£350 ish..

my other half, only £50 / hour (ONLY washes dishes though)

But seriously, have you ever owned a mechanical dishwasher before?

Bosch ones come out most reliable and work well.

Miele are better if you have the money.

Don't go for the ones with the most programs (you will only ever use Rinse and Medium Wash. You will never use Delay). Don't go for one with fancy electronic gee-whizzery or display. It just gives something extra to go wrong.

I totally agree about only using 1 wash prog + rinse but have to say that we use the delay function on ours all the time, (for our lifestyle the one on the washing machine is almost an essential).

For a dishwasher I wouldn't say it's worth buying a particular make/model for, but can be useful if you have one.

We set ours to go off whilst we're out at work/asleep... so no noise/water use issues ... like most things it's horses for courses I guess.

BTW mine's an integrated Baumatic, don't have enough experience to say wether it's any better or worse than any others... but it was cheaper than a lot and still happy with it 2 years later.

Sponsored Links
My mum wont have the dishwasher on when we're out. The last one we had had a fault on it, it didn't fill up with water yet the heater came on (exposed heater) and melted the plastic jugs and some of the plastic coating on the wire racks. :( If we hadn't been there it could have caught fire.

Well I wouldnt say mine is singing & dancing, but it has 4 wash settings & half wash & rince & they all get used. Hotpoint, The only problem is the spary arms I think are a bad design & get blocked, (why the filter doesnt catch egg shells I dont know.

Surprised there wasn't a 'fail-safe' and/or thermal cut-out to stop that happening !

Most d/w I've owned won't work if the water isn't at a certain level, although I suppose that could fail too..... oh well, you can't worry about everything. :!:

Unattended dishwashers are a common cause of house fires. But we all do it. I recomend Bosh nice simple one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back