Dishwasher smells like pond water+ dirty water in salt area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently our dishes have been coming out the wash smelling awful - like old pond water. Cleaned all the filters last week and used a dishwasher cleaner but still the smell. Salt light came on today so i undone the salt compartment cap and dirty, smelly water poured out of the salt compartment. I know water coming out the salt compartment is normal but im assuming it should be clean water ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check your hose is rising to about work top height before going into the sink trap if not crud from the sink waste will drain back into the dishwasher

Both my son and I had this issue...different water areas so nothing doing there. We tried all the usual stuff..pipes, using vinegar, various proprietary mixes, stripping all the gubbins out and cleaning. All to no avail.. more by accident than design we tried putting half a lemon in the utensil tray and leaving it there through the cleaning cycle. It worked and is still working 1 year on. I'm not sure why as we tried lots of Lemon based products to no avail. I think you need to check out other solutions as well as a lemon will not cure a dirty pipe or partially blocked u bend. Give it a try...its my excuse for using the other half of the lemon in a few gin and tonics... waste no want not.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back